Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And we are making new beginnings

  We are officially moved. Officially out of Longview and into a whole new city down near Houston.

The decision to move was not an easy one but the Lord plainly told me to pray about it and plainly showed me that this was where we needed to be. I tried to push against it but it just felt right. And when we met the people Hank would work for, we felt such peace with fellow journeyers on His path, fellow newlyweds and new friends. God took us off the path of 'good' and put us on his 'great path.' I had a job lined up and Hank was getting lots of flight hours but he clearly showed us he had something even better.

    Oh WHAT JOY to see Hank so excited about this new job!!! Here we sit in Starbucks and he is online learning how to fly this fancy new airplane and I am blogging and sipping a dark roast and life is good.

     I am beginning to see too, that the Lord brought us away from a complacency that was beginning to set in where we were. We were going to the same church I attended since the beginning of college and working with the same youth group and while this is a great church and I dearly love those kids, I had stopped working towards breakthrough in my life. I still had my routine of quiet time in the morning and I was still serving but I wasn't being wholly stretched. I had even settled into a routine at my job at the thrift store and while the Lord opening doors to love on my coworkers, I had no passion for the work.

    So here we are. We have been incredibly well provided for in a better home with room to host and colors! I HAVE RED WALLS!!!!! And we have been given all the furniture we could need and for free. Last night we had dinner provided by Hank's aunt and it was his favorite and mine: homemade spaghetti sauce, spaghetti, an awesome salad, garlic bread and strawberry shortcake. She packaged it all up and even brought us some champagne and flowers to welcome us to our new house.
       
           And we are making space for our Jesus in this place. I am praying grace, peace, joy into these very walls. I am asking for His Presence to fill and overflow so that all who enter would literally feel Him.
           We are making space for eachother. Oh I would pack up and move all the time if it meant this sweet uninterupted time with my husband. Being a quality time person, I have so thoroughly enjoyed this past week of no work, no agendas, no place to go. We only had to pack, spend time saying goodbye to dear friends, and Hank spent time studying. I thought I would hate hate HATE packing but it has been blissful. My Love Cup is so full.

     This morning I didn't want to wake up simply because it was a grey overcast morning and so it felt like 6 at 8am. My incredible husband went and shaved, made me a cappucino and then we had our time with the Lord.

    Can't everyday be like this? Joy.
And now we are at Starbucks and he is getting excited about this new joy and we have a whole afternoon of unpacking ahead and I am actually looking forward to organizing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment